It's amazing what a difference mailing out a check can make. Rob and I have officially gone from simply "getting married" to "getting married on October 23, 2010 at Landerhaven".
It all came down to table linens. You may recall that we had fallen in love with Manakiki's outdoor space, but were annoyed at the price tag they gave us for removing the ugly curtains. Imagine our surprise when we were told that, for the same price, we could rent aubergine satin table linens at Landerhaven. We decided that not only was it a much better way to spend our money, but...
1) They have an in-house decorator and florist, which means two fewer things to worry about.
2) They have free valet parking.
3) There's a hotel literally next door.
4) Two words: Guacamole Bar.
5) Our consultant has been communicative, interested in our specific wedding, and all-around awesome.
6) The outdoor space is not quite as nice, but is well within acceptable limits.
There are still a few things that aren't perfect... like the fact that we had to schedule a different date than the one we originally wanted due to a previously scheduled bar mitzvah. Who says that 15 months is a long time to plan a wedding? Jeez! We better get on the photographer fast!